Sponsored Links
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    radsalltheway is offline Junior Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    76
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Wycoff/NYC rotations

    Advertisements
    Our members don't see this ad
    Can anyone give me some insight on their rotations in NYC? I know most students rotate at Wycoff, are there any other hospitals that students can do cores/electives at?

    If you've done your clinicals at wycoff, can you give me your experience?

    What other hospitals are MUA students rotating at in the Tri-state or nearby area? NY? NJ? CT? PA? MD? OH? MA?

    thanks for taking out the time and sharing your thoughts.

    Also, Any tips on making it into a radiology residency?

  2. #2
    stookie is offline Elite Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,600
    Downloads
    24
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by radsalltheway View Post
    Can anyone give me some insight on their rotations in NYC? I know most students rotate at Wycoff, are there any other hospitals that students can do cores/electives at?

    If you've done your clinicals at wycoff, can you give me your experience?

    What other hospitals are MUA students rotating at in the Tri-state or nearby area? NY? NJ? CT? PA? MD? OH? MA?

    thanks for taking out the time and sharing your thoughts.

    Also, Any tips on making it into a radiology residency?
    There are other hospitals that MUA students can rotate at outside of New York. Locations include Chicago, Louisiana, and Connecticut. (There are more places, but these are the major ones)

    As I did electives at Wyckoff, I can say it was very relaxed there. The hours were managable and not much was expected of you. (I did nephro and cardio.) The place is a zoo though.

    St. V's in Connecticut is MUA's hidden gem. Very few medical students there and they work you like an animal. Longer hours, more expectations, but you will learn so much. You can do a radiology elective there. There is also a residency program in Rads there (..hint hint)

  3. #3
    NelumG is offline Junior Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    88
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by stookie View Post
    There are other hospitals that MUA students can rotate at outside of New York. Locations include Chicago, Louisiana, and Connecticut. (There are more places, but these are the major ones)

    As I did electives at Wyckoff, I can say it was very relaxed there. The hours were managable and not much was expected of you. (I did nephro and cardio.) The place is a zoo though.

    St. V's in Connecticut is MUA's hidden gem. Very few medical students there and they work you like an animal. Longer hours, more expectations, but you will learn so much. You can do a radiology elective there. There is also a residency program in Rads there (..hint hint)
    Thanks for sharing your experience. For what cores is St V green book and affiliated with an academic program? Is it true that Wyckoff and Houma are the only two sites MUA has that have all cores that are ACGME Accredited programs?
    Last edited by NelumG; 05-27-2010 at 12:03 AM.

  4. #4
    stookie is offline Elite Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,600
    Downloads
    24
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by NelumG View Post
    Thanks for sharing your experience. For what cores is St V green book and affiliated with an academic program? Is it true that Wyckoff and Houma are the only two sites MUA has that have all cores that are ACGME Accredited programs?
    IM and IM subspecialties are greenbook at St V's. Also radiology. You can do your IM core there, but you can also try and talk your way into the surgery core. NYMC students do their surgery core there. Not sure about Wyckoff having all greenbook. I know that the only rotation in Houma that isn't greenbook is Peds and Psych. Go to NC for psych.

  5. #5
    manuka honey is offline Member 511 points
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    125
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by stookie View Post
    IM and IM subspecialties are greenbook at St V's. Also radiology. You can do your IM core there, but you can also try and talk your way into the surgery core. NYMC students do their surgery core there. Not sure about Wyckoff having all greenbook. I know that the only rotation in Houma that isn't greenbook is Peds and Psych. Go to NC for psych.
    Can you please tell me how I can check if rotations at Houma are green book or not. I have had a look at the ACGME accredited sites and find that it is not a ACGME reviewed site nor has it any affiliation to any US medical schoo.l ACGME Institution number is 210735 and the only sponsored program is internal medicine. What does this mean? How will doing rotations at Houma affect residency match ? Perhaps my questions are stupid as I have very little knowledge about green book rotations except to know that they are very important when applying for residency . I have also read in this forum about the importance of doing rotations which are green by specialty if one is keen to get a residency in a specialized field. Thank you for your help and patience.

  6. #6
    stookie is offline Elite Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,600
    Downloads
    24
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by manuka honey View Post
    Can you please tell me how I can check if rotations at Houma are green book or not. I have had a look at the ACGME accredited sites and find that it is not a ACGME reviewed site nor has it any affiliation to any US medical schoo.l ACGME Institution number is 210735 and the only sponsored program is internal medicine. What does this mean? How will doing rotations at Houma affect residency match ? Perhaps my questions are stupid as I have very little knowledge about green book rotations except to know that they are very important when applying for residency . I have also read in this forum about the importance of doing rotations which are green by specialty if one is keen to get a residency in a specialized field. Thank you for your help and patience.
    Your best bet in finding out what rotations at Chabert are greenbook is to ask MUA's clinical office. They will tell you what is and what isn't. Greenbook means that they train residents withing each program. At Chabert, there are surgery residents, ob/gyn residents, IM residents and family medicine residents. There are no peds and psych residents there. The family med residents rotate on peds, but this does not make the rotation greenbook. Greenbook is more important when it comes to licensing, not so much for residency. As far as trying to get a residency in a specialized field, your best bet would be to do many electives in that area and in hospitals you would like to hopefully match in. What matters is you working along side residents not the greenbook status when it comes to applying for residency. Doing rotations at Chabert may or may not affect you, but there really is no way of knowing. I do know that if you're applying around in Louisiana, LORs from there hold some weight.

    By the way, what semester are you in?

Similar Threads

  1. Rotations at Wycoff
    By RootingReflex in forum AUA Medical School Clinical Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-04-2010, 07:15 PM
  2. NY Apt Available April for Sublet - Great for Brookdale/Wycoff Rotations!
    By khanoa in forum Saba Medical School Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-10-2009, 11:24 PM
  3. what rotations can be done at wycoff
    By Medstudent82 in forum AUA Medical School Clinical Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-19-2009, 12:02 AM
  4. elective rotations in nyc wycoff
    By doctormua in forum MUA Nevis Medical School Clinicals
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-07-2008, 05:27 PM
  5. wycoff rotations questions???
    By maa in forum Ross University School of Medicine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-31-2005, 06:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Site Meter