Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1
    Moldovanits is offline Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    425
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    What you should know before applying.

    Advertisements



    Sorry had to remove this if you have any questions email me thanks..
    Last edited by Moldovanits; 08-20-2010 at 05:01 PM.

  2. #2
    confuzzled01 is offline Junior Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    28
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hmmmm i have been reading soooooo many posts and i still can not make up my mind if lublin and HMI is the right choice for me! I was thinking about czech and the carribian but the rotations that lublin offered and them being in the EU finally made me choose them.

    would you recommend lublin mold? argh this decision is doing my head in!

  3. #3
    Moldovanits is offline Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    425
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by confuzzled01 View Post
    hmmmm i have been reading soooooo many posts and i still can not make up my mind if lublin and HMI is the right choice for me! I was thinking about czech and the carribian but the rotations that lublin offered and them being in the EU finally made me choose them.

    would you recommend lublin mold? argh this decision is doing my head in!
    Id say if you have no other choices choose foreign, but i would def pick lublin over czech.

  4. #4
    MedDoc2b is offline Junior Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    48
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    ugh

    After this whole mess, I think I'm going to withdraw my enrollment to Lublin and apply next year to Poznan... and will shoot for JAG, see if I get lucky...


  5. #5
    Moldovanits is offline Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    425
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MedDoc2b View Post
    After this whole mess, I think I'm going to withdraw my enrollment to Lublin and apply next year to Poznan... and will shoot for JAG, see if I get lucky...

    Dont forget that Lublin is the only school that provides clinical rotations in the us. Dont let people get you down the school is not so bad its doable as long as you study and commit yourself you will get through. Alot of people that come here party to much then complain why they dont do well. If you go to poznan its a good choice but dont forget you will be there for the whole 4 years and i dont know about you but i kind of like the idea of being in poland for only 2 years. The school itself is getting better every year. If you got in already try it out you will get through.

  6. #6
    confuzzled01 is offline Junior Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    28
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    why is lublin better than charles in czech just out of curiosity?? mmmm yeah poznan was a good choice for me too but i really want to leave poland I don't think i would last for 4 years there and i don't want to do my rotations in polish that would be ridiculously hard you would be learning a language and clinical medicine at the same time!! doing one of them alone is hard enough.

  7. #7
    Moldovanits is offline Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    425
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by confuzzled01 View Post
    why is lublin better than charles in czech just out of curiosity?? mmmm yeah poznan was a good choice for me too but i really want to leave poland I don't think i would last for 4 years there and i don't want to do my rotations in polish that would be ridiculously hard you would be learning a language and clinical medicine at the same time!! doing one of them alone is hard enough.
    In my opinion I think Lublin is a better choice because of the us rotations. Czech republic Prague is a much nicer city than Lublin by far. Plus I think Lublin is a good city for studying basically because we have about 100k students there alone.
    Gdluck which your decision

  8. #8
    MedDoc2b is offline Junior Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    48
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Right on Mold... but the impression I'm getting is that students who attend Lublin don't seem to be concerned with the financial component as much... I, however, along with a few others, was hoping the federal gov't would help out. So it was a blow when I found out that we won't be getting student loans. That's pretty much the biggest obstacle I'm facing now.

    Anyhow, we'll see how things progress...

  9. #9
    Crane is offline Permanently Banned 511 points
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    multiple accounts
    Posts
    297
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Smile The Choice

    Quote Originally Posted by MedDoc2b View Post
    Right on Mold... but the impression I'm getting is that students who attend Lublin don't seem to be concerned with the financial component as much... I, however, along with a few others, was hoping the federal gov't would help out. So it was a blow when I found out that we won't be getting student loans. That's pretty much the biggest obstacle I'm facing now.

    Anyhow, we'll see how things progress...
    The agent fees and the lack of USMLE oriented program makes Lublin a poor choice. If you don't think you can last in Poland and want to get out in two years, you should pursue the Caribbeans. If you are not from the EU and have no intention of living and practicing there, EU membership is not that much of an advantage when coming back to the US. At least not for $10K in agent fees plus their ridiculous semester charges.

    If you are counting on the student loans, I think all Polish schools eventually will have difficulty with the new USMLE pass rate requirements. The last thing you want is to have your plans interrupted by the loss of student loans.

    These days, it's best to have a solid financial plan before going to any foreign school, even if the school is currently offering loans. You never know what will happen to these loans in the future. As the federal deficit goes through the ceiling, Congress is going to look for ways to save money. They cut student loans to Polish and Caribbean schools before they will cut social security or veterans benefits. If you are too young to worry about social security or have never been in the service, just take my word for this. And this goes for the few Caribbean schools that still have the federal loans.

    The bottom line: If you can't adapt to a new culture and a new language, EE schools are not a good option as these countries and schools are nothing like what you have seen or been used to. The word is caution.
    Last edited by Crane; 08-23-2010 at 04:44 PM.

  10. #10
    Moldovanits is offline Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    425
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MedDoc2b View Post
    Right on Mold... but the impression I'm getting is that students who attend Lublin don't seem to be concerned with the financial component as much... I, however, along with a few others, was hoping the federal gov't would help out. So it was a blow when I found out that we won't be getting student loans. That's pretty much the biggest obstacle I'm facing now.

    Anyhow, we'll see how things progress...
    Our loans are not lost yet..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Applying for September 2011 (6 Year MD) any useful information? anyone else applying?
    By jesaczek in forum Jagiellonian University Medical College
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-10-2011, 06:40 PM
  2. applying
    By znazem in forum Windsor University School of Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-08-2007, 07:15 PM
  3. re-applying
    By loverboy in forum St. Matthews University School of Medicine
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-27-2006, 03:51 PM
  4. applying transitional year without applying for advanced programs
    By abhinav23 in forum Residency Match Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-12-2006, 08:32 PM
  5. applying aug vs. jan
    By mo5225md in forum St. Georges University School of Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-23-2004, 09:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Site Meter