Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 201
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Residency slots trends

  1. #1
    Shiz77's Avatar
    Shiz77 is offline Elite Member 671 points
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,011
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Residency slots trends

    Advertisements



    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... " - ****** Jefferson

  2. #2
    tennisball80's Avatar
    tennisball80 is offline Member 513 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    328
    Downloads
    4
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't understand why it costs money to increase residency spots.

  3. #3
    rokshana is offline Member Guru 11644 points
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    12,099
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tennisball80 View Post
    I don't understand why it costs money to increase residency spots.
    you don't understand WHY it costs money to train a resident??

    well 1st is obviously a salary...unless you expect them to work for free? so that is anywhere from 35-60K per year per resident...

    then there are the other costs of training...you think attendings teach for free? do service months with resident led teams for free? you have to pay them too...

    them there are the cost of education...resident specific lectures, inservice exams, ACLS, BLS, PALS, ATLS....

    and the the administrative staff to coordinate all of that...they don't work for free either...


    0n AVERAGE is cost 125K per yr to train a resident...

    THAT is why it cost money to train a resident
    Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Attending
    ABIM certified IM
    ValueMD-the place "where nothing makes sense, but everything is related-fellow vmd'r gabon

  4. #4
    siheg's Avatar
    siheg is offline Elite Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,248
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Chill Rokshana, he's a high school student. I didn't know about the ins and outs of residency in high school. Did you? Don't bite his freakin head off.
    Center For Kids Who Can't Read Good: https://Hidden Content google_ad_section_end -->

  5. #5
    schrizto is offline Junior Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    25
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by med etudiant View Post
    Chill Rokshana, he's a high school student. I didn't know about the ins and outs of residency in high school. Did you? Don't bite his freakin head off.
    Eh, he's actually a college freshman. And I wouldn't let him off just for that, because I'm a college freshman too and even I know training residents costs money, using some common sense.
    Last edited by schrizto; 10-18-2009 at 06:54 PM.

  6. #6
    siheg's Avatar
    siheg is offline Elite Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,248
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Eh. OK. Mr. 12 posts.
    Center For Kids Who Can't Read Good: https://Hidden Content google_ad_section_end -->

  7. #7
    maximillian genossa's Avatar
    maximillian genossa is offline Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The domed city of Romdo close to the border
    Posts
    5,817
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It is quality what matters, not quantity, I have seen my fair share of people here with thousands of posts and no quality or substance. I know you get my drift mate.


    Quote Originally Posted by med etudiant View Post
    Eh. OK. Mr. 12 posts.
    "Sacrifice turns to revenge and believe me
    You'll see the face who'll say:I love you... I'll kill you...But I'll love you forever
    ..."If I die tomorrow, what will you tell me today?." Hidden Content Previously known as Genossa Maximillian

  8. #8
    Shiz77's Avatar
    Shiz77 is offline Elite Member 671 points
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,011
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Guys PLEASE this is not about flame wars, it's about residency seats and potential expansions that are CRUCIAL to all caribbean med students.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... " - ****** Jefferson

  9. #9
    siheg's Avatar
    siheg is offline Elite Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,248
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Genossa maximillian View Post
    It is quality what matters, not quantity, I have seen my fair share of people here with thousands of posts and no quality or substance. I know you get my drift mate.
    Yea. I'm just in a bad mood, because its mid-terms and I'm doing busy work instead of studying. I feel like I'm in high school. I just want to study! No friggen busy work!!!
    Center For Kids Who Can't Read Good: https://Hidden Content google_ad_section_end -->

  10. #10
    tennisball80's Avatar
    tennisball80 is offline Member 513 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    328
    Downloads
    4
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rokshana View Post
    you don't understand WHY it costs money to train a resident??

    well 1st is obviously a salary...unless you expect them to work for free? so that is anywhere from 35-60K per year per resident...

    then there are the other costs of training...you think attendings teach for free? do service months with resident led teams for free? you have to pay them too...

    them there are the cost of education...resident specific lectures, inservice exams, ACLS, BLS, PALS, ATLS....

    and the the administrative staff to coordinate all of that...they don't work for free either...


    0n AVERAGE is cost 125K per yr to train a resident...

    THAT is why it cost money to train a resident
    Resident physicians see patients just like attending physicians do. Attending physicians make way more than resident physicians. Hospitals still have incomes with hiring attending physicians. When resident physicians help attending physicians to see more patients and earn less salaries, why doest it cost more money? Patients also pay the same medical bills regardless of seeing a resident physician or an attending physician.

    Thanks for more clarification in advance.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-18-2012, 01:22 PM
  2. Replies: 48
    Last Post: 12-16-2009, 07:05 PM
  3. Residency slots in the carribean
    By wanabdoc in forum Main Foreign Medical Schools Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-18-2007, 07:12 PM
  4. saba residency FM slots
    By timmy0410 in forum St. Matthews University School of Medicine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-10-2007, 08:28 PM
  5. Any Gen-Surgery H 1 Residency Slots For An IMG with Scores o
    By sameer in forum Residency Match Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-11-2003, 07:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •