no soup for you.
1. What are the worst caribbean schools?
2. Which schools should be avoided?
3. Which schools have the lowest admission requirements?
4. Which schools have the highest admission requirements?
5. If you could rank the caribbean schools from the best to the worst how would all the schools stack up, what would be a "1" for the best, and what would recieve a "10" for the worst?
no soup for you.
Director of Anatomy --
Skipper's Medical Univeristy of the Dutch West Indies--SMU-DWI
2) Any school with online classes in the curriculum.
3) Opinion...check DB but I don't think many, if any release their avg admission stats
4) The Big 4....Ross,AUC,SGU,Saba
Advice: Apply to the Big 4 if not accepted then move on to other schools. No matter what ask a ton of questions and do alot of research. Don't believe everything you read or hear, also verify info the schools give you in regards to your questions if possible concerning clinical sites, licensure, etc....
i was on the phone with an admissions officer for st matthews and they referred me that i should apply to st eusta.., mua, and ross instead
i didnt understand exactly why, but okay?
I would also watch for schools whose official representatives posts consistently on valuemd rather than just bored students who tend to post about their schools.
i have a bachelors in pharmacy in which i had an undergraduate gpa of 2.6.
i have a thesis in pharmacology which i received an 'A' (4.0), with my abstract published.
i was a pharmacology research assitant for two years at my university, have done all sort of other various work with united nations and other organizations.
last but not least i have published one national drug bioavailability study.
I find it odd that they recommended Ross....
You will find any variety of rankings here on VMD. There is nothing wrong with getting people's opinions, but for the most part they are simply that....opinions. This is one of the biggest decisions you will make in your life. Like a marriage. You may let your friends set you up on a date, but you really need to make your own decision on who you will marry when you get to know them. G
AUC Class of '99
I may be a jerk, but I'm a Jedi jerk like my father.
Some say I look like Buzz Lightyear....
DISCLAIMER: I have no financial stake in ValueMD, or any medical school.