Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 48
  1. #1
    TriageModerator's Avatar
    TriageModerator is offline Moderator 7159 points
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Far away from Home
    Posts
    1,669
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    any idea about UEIMS?

    Advertisements



    I heard that Universal Empire Institute of Medical Sciences in India comes under IUHS. If I do my MBBS in their institute, will I have licensure problems in the US?

    " You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
    - Mahatma Gandhi
    Main Foreign Medical Schools Forum Moderator

  2. #2
    travis838's Avatar
    travis838 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    36
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Licensure

    I know for a fact that a handful of states have blocked anyone from getting a liscence if they even did a protion of thier medical school curriculum on-line.

    I believe these states are California and Indiana, and possibly Texas.

    If you are interested in the IUHS, I would suggest to do all your time on the island of St. Kitts.

    Also, if you plan on attending, check the websites of the states you are interested in before hand...most of them post thier liscensure requirements on line...they are in a legal format.

    DO NOT, under any circumstances, contact the state liscensing boards individually, they are extremely busy people, and I know for a fact that IUHS does a pretty good and ongoing job of keeping in touch with most states in an ongoing effort to improve their students chances of getting liscensure.
    Travis838

    "Who dares, wins."
    -Motto of the SAS

    "Oh boy...that's gonna cost 'em."
    -Ron Santo

  3. #3
    Good Doctor is offline Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    10
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Ueims

    Take it from someone who knows an insider - the IUHS is ripping off the people in Cochin and Dubai! They take months to give the students exam marks back and the accountant treats everyone like garbage. The admin staff are very nice, but they are figuring out the unethical behaviour of this school.

    Stay far away - if you must go to an international school, pick St. George's.

    Feel free to ask any questions you have.

    Thanks,

    Soon to be "Good Doctor"

  4. #4
    Ming is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    50
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jenson300
    I heard that Universal Empire Institute of Medical Sciences in India comes under IUHS. If I do my MBBS in their institute, will I have licensure problems in the US?
    UEIMS has a British style of medical education without the recognition given to British medical schools. That means they follow the streaming process into medicine and for medical school, the time appears to be a bit shorter.

    You would discover that upon trying to apply for US licensure, you would be required to do basic sciences. You see, UEIMS allows entry into medical school directly out of high school. If that applies to you, you would be required to do university basic sciences even though you have been conferred an MD degree. Yes, it is a bit backwards, but that is what most states would request you to do. It is a state requirement that you have university basic sciences prior to entering medical school. UEIMS is probably only good for anyone wishing to remain in India to practice.

  5. #5
    Ming is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    50
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by travis838
    I know for a fact that a handful of states have blocked anyone from getting a liscence if they even did a protion of thier medical school curriculum on-line.

    I believe these states are California and Indiana, and possibly Texas.

    If you are interested in the IUHS, I would suggest to do all your time on the island of St. Kitts.

    Also, if you plan on attending, check the websites of the states you are interested in before hand...most of them post thier liscensure requirements on line...they are in a legal format.

    DO NOT, under any circumstances, contact the state liscensing boards individually, they are extremely busy people, and I know for a fact that IUHS does a pretty good and ongoing job of keeping in touch with most states in an ongoing effort to improve their students chances of getting liscensure.
    You are correct about the distance learning state restrictions. However, please know that not less than 26 states currently have distance learning restrictions. I have contacted each of the states, have extensive notes on the conversations regarding this issue and I would challange you to name the states that you think accept distance learning pre-clinical rotations from off-shore schools. You are again correct, in that California, Indiania and Texas are definitely on that list along with another 23.

    I am sorry to disagree with your hesitation regarding contacting the state licencing boards. The purpose of many of those employed at the state licencing boards is to answer questions and give information relating to the laws of their state. I would urge ALL students considering IUHS or any of the other off-shore medical schools, to contact the states in which they have an interest in practicing.

    I am sorry to disagree with your position that IUHS is in constant contact with the licencing boards. From my information, only one person at IUHS now has the responsibility of doing so. He is a student as well as one of the lecturers. As he belongs to the distance learning program, it is also in his best interest to keep abreast of state licencing restrictions regarding same.

  6. #6
    babytuck is offline Newbie 510 points
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    mumbai
    Posts
    5
    Downloads
    4
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Does anyone have any idea how to pass the exit 1 exam of IUHS? Please help me out. I need all the help I can get... I really am desperate as i believe these guys are purposely marking us down & not letting us get through exit 1. I'm feeling really hopeless with the way their idea of scoring 70%, which sometimes varies from a 50% to 70%. All those who are studying in UEIMS will know what I mean.. Please respond as quick as possible

  7. #7
    Ming is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    50
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by travis838
    I know for a fact that a handful of states have blocked anyone from getting a liscence if they even did a protion of thier medical school curriculum on-line.

    I believe these states are California and Indiana, and possibly Texas.

    If you are interested in the IUHS, I would suggest to do all your time on the island of St. Kitts.

    Also, if you plan on attending, check the websites of the states you are interested in before hand...most of them post thier liscensure requirements on line...they are in a legal format.

    DO NOT, under any circumstances, contact the state liscensing boards individually, they are extremely busy people, and I know for a fact that IUHS does a pretty good and ongoing job of keeping in touch with most states in an ongoing effort to improve their students chances of getting liscensure.
    Mr. Travis: you think California, Indiana and possibly Texas? I am guessing the reason you make this statement is because you are following your own advice about not contacting the people who actually know. This is the job these people are paid to do. Answering all the questions anyone may have about licensing. Well, fortunately, I didn't follow anyone's advice such as yours and I contacted every state. Try this number on for size: 26 Yes, that is the number of states who told me directly they would not licence on-line preclinical students.
    You are very wrong about IUHS keeping in touch with most states. If that were the case, they would be telling prospective students the truth about licencing. Do you hear any factual information from any of their administrators? If IUHS is doing such a good job at keeping up with the information, how is it you don't know about the decision of these 26 states and I do?

  8. #8
    maximillian genossa's Avatar
    maximillian genossa is offline Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The domed city of Romdo close to the border
    Posts
    5,817
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Hey

    NeilC also knows, he posted them in the state licensing forum a few months ago. Same thing Sam Kurenai and I did in 2002, 4 years ago during the old Network 54 days, when we used to post with different names.

    Ming, you are aware you replied to a post dating back from July 2005 correct?


    Quote Originally Posted by Ming
    Mr. Travis: you think California, Indiana and possibly Texas? I am guessing the reason you make this statement is because you are following your own advice about not contacting the people who actually know. This is the job these people are paid to do. Answering all the questions anyone may have about licensing. Well, fortunately, I didn't follow anyone's advice such as yours and I contacted every state. Try this number on for size: 26 Yes, that is the number of states who told me directly they would not licence on-line preclinical students.
    You are very wrong about IUHS keeping in touch with most states. If that were the case, they would be telling prospective students the truth about licencing. Do you hear any factual information from any of their administrators? If IUHS is doing such a good job at keeping up with the information, how is it you don't know about the decision of these 26 states and I do?
    Last edited by Aviv Imanuel; 04-11-2006 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Dtecorrection

  9. #9
    Ming is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    50
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Genossa maximillian
    NeilC also knows, he posted them in the state licensing forum a few months ago. Same thing Sam Kurenai and I did in 2002, 4 years ago during the old Network 54 days, when we used to post with different names.

    Ming, you are aware you replied to a post dating back from July 2005 correct?

    Yes, thanks for the reminder but as you can see, new people don't appear to read all the old posts. One of the big differences now is the individual states are much more aware of the schools that are not turning out good students and with a curriculum that can't teach BSc students.

    They don't have the academic staff with the ability, nor do they have the resources for BSc students. It's too bad really as it confirms that by the time students discover all the things wrong with IUHS, that is when they start looking for support from sites such as this one. Too late.
    Last edited by Ming; 04-12-2006 at 11:40 AM. Reason: bad grammar

  10. #10
    subs is offline Newbie 510 points
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Thumbs up ueims

    Hello guys,

    Iam a student of ueims and till now we didnt face any problem either from the faculty or from managment and iam about to finish my pre clinical here and till now so far so good and i dont know why people are writing bad about this school and in my batch there are so many students studying in cochin campus and even i am not telling that this school is number one in india but if you check all the places there will be problems in some way or other way.

    If you check with other private medical school comparing to them ueims fee structure is very low and we the people we depend on this type of school

    My advice to all

    Instead of discouraging try to encourage this type of school atleast this school is doing something good for the middle class people who want to become a doctor and before blaming this school make a good survey and till now Medical council of India has not objected this school this school is running for more than 6yrs as per my knowledge. People sitting in the MCI or not idiots

    Cheer up

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. iuhs in india....ueims ...facts..!!
    By ex_ueims_iuhs in forum International University of Health Sciences (IUHS)
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 12-16-2011, 09:45 AM
  2. IUHS/UEIMS from Dubai
    By Neuro-endo in forum International University of Health Sciences (IUHS)
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 07-11-2011, 03:24 AM
  3. UEIMS in UAE recognized worldwide?
    By ins_sakina in forum Asian Medical Schools
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-20-2010, 01:24 PM
  4. Wise Idea To Email saba@valuemd.com For Idea Of Your Chances For Admittance?
    By Confused 20 in forum Saba University School of Medicine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 02:08 PM
  5. Ueims - Iuhs
    By ringoplus in forum International University of Health Sciences (IUHS)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-18-2008, 09:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Site Meter