Due to uncontrollable events on my side, I have to delay my entry to AUC until Summer 2011 and cancel my stay at this apartment.
1 bedroom apartment (fully-furnished) at Cote d'Azur Marina is well equipped for a student as follows:
1. There is a 2-month deposit ($2600) due and the deposit will be returned in full when you leave. A first month deposit of $1300 is also due.
2. Also regarding money, one big reason I liked living here is that the lease is much more flexible than other apartment complexes nearby. It's month-to-month after the first year, so you won't have to worry about moving out after 3 semesters or trying to sublet after 5.
3. Has king size bed, desk and chair for studying and most other expected furniture including lamps. There is a small TV, but you'd need to buy a cable box to get the TV signal.
4. Kitchen has dishes, silverware, glasses, pots and pans, microwave and toaster. The kitchen has a full-size fridge, but no dishwasher. If any special cooking tools are needed, you'll have to buy/bring them.
5. The bed is a king size. Pillows are available and have extra bed sheets if needed "complimentary".
6. Internet wireless is already set up in the building and the cost for that service is $90 for three months ("$30 per month"). Nothing is needed beside a computer. The internet is as fast as it gets on the island. It's not as fast as in the US, but can stream movies online and use video chat on skype.
7. Bathroom has shower curtain and the rings and also a bathmat.
8. Washer and dryer are in a separate room outside the apartment. It is shared with the one tenant downstairs.
9. Power bill (electric+water) is usually around $150/mo. which is cheap for the island.
10. Utilities account is already set up by the landlords (lives upstairs), so there is no deposit or setup fee.
11. The only other cost is for cooking gas. The stove is a gas stove fed by a tank outside. Every 6 months or so it runs out. It costs about $25 to refill and the landlords will do that.
12. There is no generator. The power outage duration is variable. Most of the time, it is less than 2hrs. It's annoying, but infrequent and donít base your decision on that. The frequency of the outages has decreased since the power company got a new generator. The water pressure here usually stays up when the power's out unlike a lot of other apartments where it shuts down completely.
13. The downstairs tenant is a medical student (2nd semester student).
14. Landlord (great helpful person) leaves upstairs and will be more than happy to assist if you need something or get fixed. He will be more than happy to pick you up at the airport and escort you to your new home.
15. Building is on a gated little driveway with a night guard. There are basically 15 3-story houses on the street. This one is near the end of the street away from the gate. It's very safe. A few faculty members live a couple houses down. The walk to and from school at night is safe. There is a free school shuttle at night that will drive you home if you're not comfortable walking. During the daytime you don't have to worry at all.